I made these for a swap. They were on my partner’s wist although they weren’t in crochet but felt. I used embroidery thread for the body and stuffed them with a chick pea. Stuffing wasn’t going so well. Then I used a ribbon to make an acorn top and attached it to a button. Then I hot glued the button to the top of the acorn. I had made about 10 and then my daughter noticed them. She took about half of them, so I had to make a few more. They didn’t take that long. I just start with a chain 2 and then six single crochet into the second chain from hook. Then a round of 2 single crochet into each stitch. Next an even row of single crochet followed by a decrease of in every three stitches.

They turned out almost nearly what I had hoped. I would have been happier not using the hot glue but not sure how I could attach it to the crochet.