Every once in a while, I like to crochet a themed Cthulhu. With Mardi Gras coming up later this month, I thought now would be the perfect time to make one and use up some stashed yarn.

Think it turned out pretty cute. I did the tentacles each a different color. For the wings I used a strand of each color. It was harder than expected. I really should have used a larger hook. I think next I will try another Valentine’s Cthulhu. My first one was not what I had expected. Think it was my color selection, so this year I will try mainly reds and pinks.

Not sure where the Mardi Gras Cthulhu will wind up. If my daughter likes it, then she will claim it – like she does most of my amigurumis. If not, then Daddy may take him to work for a while.