On Craftster.org, they had a Mario Bros. swap so naturally I just had to sign up for it. My partner’s favorite characters were Princess Peach and Yoshi. After creating Peach, my daughter wanted one and I decided the first one was too big. I made another one for the swap and then a third one for Rae. Each one is smaller than the previous one.
And here is Yoshi that was harder than expected. It was after I created him that I decided to redo Peach. Yoshi wasn’t hard to crochet. He just involved a lot of sewing.
I didn’t have a pattern for Yoshi but he was mostly worked in rounds. The eye sockets were the trickiest since I did a half-fan stitch(about 3 single crochets) to create a half rounded eye socket. If I can do it again, then I will write up a pattern since that was definitely the most tricky part of the whole project.