Crochet Mae

Get Hooked

Month: May 2011

Princess Peach Crown

Rae was invited to a Princess party which inspired me to crochet a crown. After finding some great patterns on Ravelry, I decided to go a different route and create my own. I wanted to do a crown that Rae would recognize, so I chose Princess Peach. It’s missing the jewels which we think we have something somewhere around here that will work for it. We have yet to find them but haven’t given up.

I used a plain plastic headband and single crocheted around it to make a base. I’m not sure how many stitches I did. My goal was to cover the top of the headband. I then created the crowns with a single crochet in one stitch, followed by a half-double, then a double, then a treble. After the treble, I chained two and did a treble in the same stitch. Then I did a double in the next, followed by a half-double in the next stitch, followed by a single. I might have use a slip stitch next.

When working on it, I hadn’t planned on writing up a pattern but might do so. I think this would be a cute party favor especially since Rae has now expressed interest in having her own princess party. If I use it for her party then I need a prince crown since Rae has a lot of boy cousins.

Tutu Cthulhu

My daughter requested I make her a pink cthulhu with a crown and a tutu. If I haven’t offended the elder god by now, then he can’t be offended. So I gave it a try. This is how he turned out.

I found a cloth star that I cut down to make the crown and used netting to make the tutu. She seems to like it and wants another one with blue eyes. She is enamored with blonde hair and blues eyes right now. That gives me an idea to add some blonde curls to the next princess cthulhu.

Kids Crochet Purse

For our Sunday School class, I wanted to make a small purse/basket to put their treats in. I wanted to start with an oval base like a purse I had done about a year ago. Since I couldn’t find that pattern, I just winged it. I think they turned out really cute and plan to work up the pattern soon since I want to make more.

We only have two students – one loves yellow and one loves pink. The yellow one is made from cotton yarn and the other is acrylic. The acrylic one turned out a lot better. It will stand up better, so any news one I make I will stick with acrylic yarn.

Hopefully I will have the pattern written up within a week.

Crochet Mae © 2017 Frontier Theme